Public Relations Intern
Candor’s internship program integrates participants into the public relations process. At the end of the semester, interns will have garnered hands-on experience with research; project planning and implementation; and content creation for a variety of clients and industries.
Preference is given to candidates who have completed at least three years in college studying public relations, journalism, marketing, strategic communications, multi-media or a related field. Advanced video production capabilities and graphic design skills are also highly preferred.
Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Knowledge of AP writing style, graphic design or video editing programs (Adobe Suite or Final Cut Pro), social media platforms and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are also required.
- Conduct research to aid in client work such as industry best practices and audience demographics, behaviors and media consumption, etc.
- Conduct research and maintain databases on an assortment of projects. Examples include maintaining media lists, tracking media results, maintaining resource library, obtaining vendor bids, etc.
- Formulate ideas and create engaging and professional content to reflect a variety of brands and issues.
- Draft social media promotions and campaigns (e.g. sponsored tweets, Facebook ads).
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, designs and strategy.
- Continually refine and define clients’ social media strategy and process.
- Assist with design, video and events projects as requested.
- Collaborate with the entire Candor team on projects.
- Provide industry thought leadership in the areas of social media and content creation.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Provide a limited amount of administrative support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candor offers a collaborative and supportive environment. Interns will work closely with others, giving and accepting feedback and guidance as everyone works to serve Candor’s clients.
Candor prefers each intern work 15-20 hours per week in a fixed schedule.
Interns receive an hourly wage and are paid semi-monthly. College credit may also be available through your university intern coordinator. An additional bonus may be earned at the end of the semester dependent on successful completion of all duties as determined by owners and internship coordinator.
Deadline for Application:
Fall Internship – August 15
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and three samples of your best writing and/or creative work to email@example.com.