The national headquarters of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) in New York had been experiencing a steady decline in the membership of its affiliate, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), focused on university students in the U. S., Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Puerto Rico. In response to an RFP distributed to its member agencies nationwide, PRSA selected Candor to conduct a content marketing campaign to increase membership among PRSSA chapters.
Planning & execution
Candor conducted a comprehensive survey of PRSSA members and faculty sponsors located at over 300 universities regarding the mission, relevance and value proposition of the organization. Following an analysis of survey results, Candor suggested a solution consisting of two concurrent strategies:
- Target potential new members through paid social media advertising using compelling video content to communicate the benefits of membership. Content was obtained by interviewing students and demonstrating how the industry has evolved and remains relevant.
- Develop contests on social media to incentivize PRSSA members and advisors to become brand ambassadors for the organization and drive sign-ups. Prizes were offered at the member and chapter level.
Candor significantly exceeded campaign goals and made great strides in elevating the PRSA and PRSSA brands.
- Conversions (new members) goal exceeded by 35%
- Awareness (measured as 3.8 million impressions) goal exceeded by 832%
- Engagement goal exceeded by 24%