Karen has 30 years’ experience managing reputations in Oklahoma. She began her career as a television journalist for OETA and KOTV in Tulsa, was director of external affairs for the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences and served as region president for the state’s oldest public relations firm.
In 2012, Karen founded Candor, a full-service professional services firm. Candor focuses on straight-forward, honest counsel that grows business, elevates reputations and moves public opinion. The firm represents more than 100 clients in industries including healthcare, education, technology, retail, nonprofits and more.
Karen’s community involvement includes:
- American Red Cross Central Oklahoma Chapter, board member
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, board member
- Leadership Oklahoma, Leadership Oklahoma City, Leadership Tulsa, member
- Putnam City Schools Foundation, advisory member
- The Rotary Club of Oklahoma City, member
Recent awards and honors:
- Bronze Stevie Award for Women in Business, Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- Byliner Award, The Association for Women in Communications
- Board Member of the Year, American Red Cross Central Oklahoma Chapter
- 50 Making A Difference, The Journal Record
Karen holds a bachelor of arts in journalism and a master’s degree in human relations from the University of Oklahoma. She is dedicated to improving her fitness through boot-camp classes, running and cycling.