Emily is a writer who prides herself on being a jack of all trades. Her background is rooted in journalism and advertising copywriting, though she writes for a variety of clients and platforms. She thrives in fast-paced environments and is adept at meeting even the toughest of deadlines.
A skilled social media manager and strategist, Emily keeps up with the latest trends to ensure her copy is effective in today’s ever-evolving digital landscape. She has extensive scriptwriting experience for traditional media like television and radio and has put together many an email marketing campaign. Her paid search work has been recognized by Google and its prestigious Brand Accelerator Program. She is also a keen copyeditor and is quick to point out grammatical errors, be it on a restaurant menu or in client copy.
Emily’s community involvement includes:
- PRSA Oklahoma City Chapter, member
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art, member
- Friends of the Metropolitan Library System, member
Awards, Honors & Certifications:
- HubSpot Content Marketing certification
- Google AdWords certified
- Wylie Communications “Think Inside the Inbox” master class certification
- NextGen Under 30 Award Winner, 2016
- 13-time ADDY Award Winner
- Al Neuharth Free Spirit Scholar, Class of 2010
She holds a bachelor of arts degree in journalism with an emphasis in advertising and a minor in film & media studies from the University of Oklahoma.
Emily has been a vegetarian since age 15 and enjoys cooking and sharing recipes on her blog. She is a notorious book worm and reads a variety of works to help her grow as a writer. If she’s not cooking, blogging or reading, then she’s probably watching British television with her husband and three rescue dogs.