Emily’s background is rooted in journalism and advertising copywriting, though she creates content for a variety of clients and platforms. She has extensive experience writing for traditional media like television and radio and is skilled at crafting engaging news releases to grab readers’ attention.
She is also a proficient digital marketer and strategist, combining eye-catching graphics with concise copy to achieve results. Emily’s paid search work has been recognized by Google and its prestigious Brand Accelerator Program.
Her areas of expertise include project management, email marketing, blog writing, copyediting and presentation development.
Emily’s community involvement includes:
- PRSA Oklahoma City Chapter, member
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art, member
- Friends of the Metropolitan Library System, member
Awards, Honors & Certifications:
- HubSpot Content Marketing certified
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing certified
- Google AdWords certified
- Wylie Communications “Think Inside the Inbox” master class certified
- NextGen Under 30 Award Winner, 2016
- 13-time ADDY Award Winner
She holds a bachelor of arts degree in journalism with an emphasis in advertising and a minor in film & media studies from the University of Oklahoma.
Emily has been a vegetarian since age 15 and enjoys cooking and sharing recipes on her blog. She is a notorious book worm and reads a variety of works to help her grow as a writer. Emily is a new mom to baby Oliver, who was born in 2021. When Oliver’s napping, you can probably find her watching British television with her husband and three rescue dogs.