With a background in broadcast news, Heather is a pro at storytelling, building media relationships and expecting the unexpected. She has experience writing for practically every medium, from television and radio to blogs, e-newsletters and marketing materials.
As a former marketing & media manager for a large Oklahoma nonprofit, Heather also has extensive experience with problem-solving, team building and increasing clients’ social media presence through engaging organic and paid content.
Heather’s community involvement includes:
- Innovation District PR council, member
- Oklahoma Blood Institute, blood donor
- Homeward Bound Pug Rescue, volunteer
Awards & Honors
- Produced a national Edward R. Murrow Award-winning newscast in Dallas, 2014
- Led breaking news coverage in Tulsa which earned a regional Edward R. Murrow Award, 2013
- Heartland Emmy Award nominee
- Phi Beta Kappa
She holds a bachelor’s degree in mass communication from the University of Tulsa and studied broadcast journalism at the University of Missouri at Columbia.
A Tulsa native, Heather enjoys bingeing true crime documentaries and discovering unique family histories through DNA connections and genealogy research. She has owned pugs for 25 years and is currently kept busy with pug Marley and a tortoiseshell cat, Cookie — the two do not get along.